GIVEAWAY is now CLOSED! Thanks to all who entered, scroll down to see the winner.
(The following post is inspired by the best-selling children’s book, If You Give a Mouse a Cookie)
If you give a girl a cookbook, she’s going to start drooling over the recipes.
If she starts drooling over the recipes, she will get hungry and want to bake.
If she wants to bake, she will ask her husband to pick a recipe from the cookbook.
If he picks a recipe from the cookbook, it will most likely include peanut butter and chocolate.
(because the entire cookbook is filled with recipes using Dark Chocolate Dreams peanut butter)
If the recipe includes peanut butter and chocolate, it is going to taste really, really good…
About a week ago, I received an advance copy of the 31 Days of Dark Chocolate Dreams Cookbook and a 28 ounce jar of Dark Chocolate Dreams peanut butter from Peanut Butter & Co. As soon as it arrived, my husband starting looking through the recipes to “help me” decide what to bake and I was not surprised when he chose the Dark Chocolate Dreams Swirled Blondies. For extra chocolate & peanut butter goodness, I added chocolate and peanut butter chips to the recipe. The smell of the blondies baking filled the entire house and my daughter was asking for a bite before they even came out of the oven!
This simple recipe is quick to mix up but needs about 30 minutes to bake and another 30 minutes to cool. They taste best when they have cooled completely, although we could not wait that long and dug in while they were still hot. Sadly, we ate the entire pan before I was able to get a picture of one blondie!
One lucky winner will get their own copy of 31 Days of Dark Chocolate Dreams Cookbook and a 28 oz jar of Dark Chocolate Dreams peanut butter. Just leave a comment below and I will randomly select a winner on Monday morning, February 3rd. And while you wait to see if you’ve won, go ahead and bake a pan of swirled blondies to share with your family.
Because if you give your readers a recipe, they are going to want to bake…
And if they want to bake, they should bake Dark Chocolate Dreams Swirled Blondies
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1½ cups firmly packed light brown sugar
- ¾ cup (1½ sticks) unsalted butter, melted
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅓ cup Dark Chocolate Dreams peanut butter
- ¼ cup semi-sweet chocolate morsels* (optional)
- ¼ cup peanut butter morsels* (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and spray an 8×8 baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk the brown sugar, butter, eggs and vanilla extract until well combined.
- In a separate mixing bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Add the flour mixture to the wet ingredients and beat until just combined. (*Optional: Stir in chocolate and peanut butter morsels). Spread the batter into the prepared baking dish.
- Spoon dollops of the Dark Chocolate Dreams peanut butter over the top of the blondie batter in the baking dish and use the tip of a knife to swirl together.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until the center begins to puff up and edges brown. Let cool for 30 minutes before cutting into 9 squares. Store in an airtight container for up to one week.
TO ENTER the GIVEAWAY: Leave a comment below and tell me if you have tried Dark Chocolate Dreams or any other flavor from Peanut Butter & Co.
Congratulations to Jill who is the WINNER of the 31 Days of Dark Chocolate Dreams cookbook and a 28 oz. jar of Dark Chocolate Dreams peanut butter.