We are just a week into 2012 and I am still excited to start working on my 12 goals for 2012. Yesterday I started Goal #9, Jamie Eason’s Live Fit Trainer, which means I can barely lift my arms today. By the end of the week I will have worked out every body part, so I predict my soreness will confine me to the couch this weekend.
On the bright side, being confined to the couch will give me more time to research Goal #5, Attend a Blogging Conference in 2012. When making my goal list, I realized that I could spend a small fortune trying to attend several conferences so I am trying to select just two. Even after narrowing my options, based on my personal interests and niche in the blogosphere, I have the following conferences to choose from:
Fitbloggin 11 – September 20-23, 2012
- Description – For bloggers interested in fitness, wellness, good food and a healthy lifestyle. Two days of education, networking, friendship and fun.
- Location – Baltimore, MD
- Registration Fee – $199 (Registration Opens January 11th)
BlogHer Food – June 8-9, 2012
- Description – BlogHer Food ’12 will bring food bloggers together to learn, share, inspire, and of course, to EAT!
- Location – Seattle, WA
- Registration Fee – $298
BlogHer – August 2-3, 2012
- Description – THE Pinnacle of Blogging Conferences, this one is a MUST for every blogger to attend at least once. Thousands of bloggers will come together to connect, learn and inspire.
- Location – New York, NY
- Registration Fee – $198
Blend Retreat – May 4-6, 2012
- Description – A weekend retreat where bloggers and friends become blends
- Location – Boulder, CO
- Registration Fee – Cost TBD
Fitness and Health Bloggers Conference – June 22-24, 2012
- Description – This is the premier conference discussing the communication of cutting-edge fitness and health information to the public via the internet with the goal of combating obesity and improving wellness
- Location – Boulder, CO
- Reigstration Fee – $250
Bloggy Boot Camp – September 15, 2012
- Description – This conference will increase your understanding of online and social media and is a way to connect with members of the online community and grow these relationships in person
- Location – Dallas, TX
- Registration Fee – $99
As you can tell, I have a lot of choices for 2012. Note that I have not included the Healthy Living Summit, which I attended last year, on this list because a 2012 date and location was not listed on the website. I am sure that I am missing some great conferences on this list too, so send me your suggestions for blogging conferences that focus on food, fitness, healthy living, writing, social media, and connecting with other bloggers.
What Blogging Conferences are you attending in 2012? What conferences have you attended in the past that you would recommend? What conferences sell out quickly, making registration deadlines very important?